Detective Pikachu


"Detective Pikachu" is the first live-action film based on the globally popular Pokémon franchise and will star Ryan Reynolds, Justice Smith ("Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom") and Kathryn Newton (Big Little Lies). Smith will star as a teen whose father is kidnapped which leads him to Reynolds’ Pikachu and Kathryn Newton as a young journalist who team up in order to find him.

I was never into Pokémon so I'll be honest here.  I have absolutely no idea what I watched.  It was cool visually and Ryan Reynolds as the voice of a smartass Pikachu was entertaining but I have legit no idea what I just watched.

I'm really not the one who should say yay or nay to this because again I have no Pokémon knowledge whatsoever.  This is one of the only pop culture phenomenons that I was just never able to wrap my head around.