Poor Things


Brought back to life by an unorthodox scientist, a young woman runs off with a lawyer on a whirlwind adventure across the continents. Free from the prejudices of her times, she grows steadfast in her purpose to stand for equality and liberation.

This was a weird weird weird movie.  LOL!   Like next level weird.  The filming style of it, the subject matter, the performances were all off the charts weird.   I'm actually very surprised I was able to make it through this movie but the social commentary throughout really had me hooked and made me want to see how things play out.  It also definitely helped that I love Emma Stone.   I'm pretty sure this movie will be up for a lot of end of year awards but this is about as far from a mainstream movie that you can get.

I would have to know who was asking whether or not to recommend checking this out.  Like I have said it was very arthouse weird but it managed to keep me hooked.