Wonka


Armed with nothing but a hatful of dreams, young chocolatier Willy Wonka manages to change the world, one delectable bite at a time.

Not going to lie - I had very low expectations for this movie.   Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory is one of my favorite movies ever.   Pretty much a staple of my childhood.   So when I heard that they were doing a prequel I thought for sure this was another here we go with ruining something remake or prequel style.  I was happily very wrong.  I absolutely loved this movie.   It could have been paced a little better but overall I loved the characters, I loved the songs and I loved the story with callouts to the original.  I thought Timothy Chalemet was great as Wonka and Hugh Grant as the Oompa Loompa didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

I would definitely recommend people checking this out.  This was a movie that is perfect for seeing in theaters and just escaping the world for a couple of hours.