Sucker Punch



  • Sucker Punch is an action fantasy that takes us into the vivid imagination of a young girl whose dream world provides the ultimate escape from her darker reality. Unrestrained by the boundaries of time and place, she is free to go where her mind takes her, and her incredible adventures blur the lines between what's real and what is imaginary.

  • This is one of the biggest train wrecks I've ever sat through from beginning to end. Seriously. I saw this with WW and one of my best friends (that's right - I said it, guy) and we were about 30 minutes in where we all turned to each other and said "what the hell is going on". From that point on we did nothing but laugh at the absurdity of this movie. Apprantly, Baby Doll has magical dancing powers that when she dances it puts everyone in a trance and her and her overly makeup faced, tight clothes wearing posse can go to battle in some weird ass worlds to obtain the things necessary to escape. Following me? It gets better. To get advice from Scott Glenn (who I never noticed how much he looks like a short haired David Carradine) on how to get out she had to do battle with three Kung Fu Pandas in Pinnochio formIn order to get the map, they have to battle a squad of zombie nazis led by Freddy Krueger. In order to get fire they had to battle the orcs from Lord Of The Rings. I'm pretty sure I saw Legolas and Gimli in there. Seriously. This all happened. It was great visually like all of Zack Snyder's movies are, but that was really about it. Correction, I have to admit I was enjoying the covers of a bunch of songs throughout the movie. But now that's really it.

  • I would definitely not recommend people checking this out. Again, I would have bailed if it wasn't for the three of us laughing so hard at the movie. Its just a bunch of brain farts thrown up on the screen for 14 year old boys. No substance at all.