DreamWorks Animation’s Forgotten Island is a fantasy adventure. It follows inseparable high school graduates Jo and Raissa who, on their final night before parting ways, stumble through a portal in the neon-hued island of Nakali filled with creatures from their families' stories. Guided by a hapless were dog named Raws, they face the feared Manananggal and discover they must sacrifice the memories of their lifelong friendship to return home.
Story line and characters wise - this movie definitely was a Dreamworks Animation back to its glory day roots. The animation was cool in that it alternated at times between being sketchy in nature and regular animation. It definitely added to the story a lot. The characters were all basically hyper as hell throughout and at times it felt very A.D.D. vibe like. That could be a big hook for kids in today's age but I could also see that being annoying to some adults that take the kids to see it. I was okay with it but it was definitely noticeable.
I would recommend people checking this out. It was a very fun and quick watch. Nice to see Dreamworks Animation getting back to relevance.
