Iron Man 2

In Iron Man 2, the world is aware that billionaire inventor Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is the armored Super Hero Iron Man. Under pressure from the government, the press and the public to share his technology with the military, Tony is unwilling to divulge the secrets behind the Iron Man armor because he fears the information will slip into the wrong hands. With Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) and James "Rhodey" Rhodes (Don Cheadle) at his side, Tony forges new alliances and confronts powerful new forces.

This is a tough one to review. At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I liked the movie AND I didn't like the movie. Seeing this as an individual movie . . . . . it was very entertaining. Robert Downey Jr was outright hilarious. All the other characters pulled their weight as well. The story was good and kept the movie paced nice enough that I didn't find myself getting bored. The action scenes that were in the movie were awesome. Seeing this movie as the sequel to Iron Man that is should have been . . . . it could have been SOOOOO much better. Although the action scenes were great, there were literally 3 of them. With the way the movie started off, it was as if you didn't even have to see Iron Man 2. I also felt that this movie was just used as a set up for future Marvel releases related to S.H.I.E.L.D., Captain America, Thor, and The Avengers. It was a whole lot of talking.

Still, I would definitely recommend people checking this movie out. Not that my recommendation matters - people are going to see this regardless. Regardless of how much better the movie could have been, I was thoroughly entertained throughout. Just try to keep your expectations in check and you should come away with the same feeling that I did.