Shrek Forever After

Shrek is feeling over-domesticated in the fourth installment. He has lost his roar. It used to send villagers running away in terror. Now they run to him and ask him to sign their pitchforks and torches. To regain his ogre mojo, he strikes a deal with Rumpelstiltskin. The pact goes awry and Shrek must confront what life would be like in Far Far Away if he had never existed. That translates into Donkey being forced into cart-pulling duty, fat and lazy Puss in Boots trading his sword for a pink bow and the underhanded Rumpelstiltskin ruling the kingdom.

The original Shrek is one of my favorite movies ever. I loved the second one. The third one . . . . . not so much. I found it insulting, it seemed like the writers really mailed it in and that it could have easily been a direct-to-DVD movie. Therefore, I had seriously low expectations for Shrek Forever After. The trailers for it really didn't do much to help raise them whatsoever. I'm not sure if it was because of my super low expectations or just because they tried harder, but I enjoyed this movie a lot more than I expected to. The random pop culture stuff was back and better than in the third one. I'm still laughing about the Pied Piper playing a Beastie Boys song and the three little pigs being forced to breakdance to it. I also really liked Rumpelstiltsken as the bad guy. He was the best one in the series besides Lord Farquaad in the first one.

I would definitely recommend people checking this movie out. Its another entertaining movie to come out this summer. None of them have been what I would call awesome, but none of them have really been bad either. They've all been simply entertaining and this one is no different.