The Other Guys

Set in New York City, The Other Guys follows Detective Allen Gamble (Will Ferrell), a forensic accountant who's more interested in paperwork than hitting the streets, and Detective Terry Hoitz (Mark Wahlberg), who has been stuck with Allen as his partner ever since an embarrassing public incident with his quick trigger finger. Allen and Terry idolize the city's top cops, Danson and Manzetti (Dwayne Johnson and Samuel L. Jackson), but when an opportunity arises for the Other Guys to step up, things don't quite go as planned.

I am shocked at how funny this movie ended up being. I saw the preview and figured it would just be another Will Ferrell movie with a few laughs but not really worth the time. I also figured that Mark Wahlberg would fall so completely flat. I was wrong on both accounts. Mark Wahlberg actually ended up being the funniest part of the movie and I think this was the funniest that Will Ferrell has been since Elf, taking away any roles where he was playing off of John C Reilly. The two of them worked off of each other much better than I could have imagined.

I would definitely recommend people checking this out for a good laugh. Although, I should state for the record that I went in to this with NO expectations whatsoever and was pleasantly surprised. Not sure if it would be as good if you were to go in with expectations.