Live Free Or Die Hard

An attack on the vulnerable United States computer infrastructure begins to shut down the entire nation. The mysterious figure behind the shattering scheme has figured out every digital angle - but he never figured an old-fashioned, "analog" fly-in-the-ointment: John McClane.

This is one of those perfect summer popcorn movies. The action scenes in this movie were amazing! I couldn't believe how many times I caught myself watching the movie with my mouth wide open in complete shock of what I was seeing up there on the screen. To make the movie even better the sarcastic banter between Bruce Willis and Justin Long (the hacker that he is trying to protect) as well as that between Willis and Timothy Olyphant (the bad guy) are priceless. I found myself laughing out loud numerous times throughout the movie. The only knock that I would make against the movie from a nostalgic point of view is that the movie is watered down compared to the other Die Hard movies because they wanted to get the PG-13 rating. Due to this, there isn't as much bloodshed. There are lots of explosions and numerous people die but you don't see the end result as much as you would have in the rest of the movie franchise. Bruce Willis doesn't even fully finish his Yippy Kay Yay line. On the flip side of the PG-13 rating, WW and I took two of the future stepkids to see this movie with us since it wasn't rated R and they absolutely loved it. Senor Skidmarkio kept yelling "Whoa!" thoughout the movie and I'd much rather see him enjoying it then seeing the bullets actually hit the bad guys.

This movie kicked some major a$$ and I strongly recommend it to all. I was skeptical when I heard that they were trying to revive this movie, but it was extremely entertaining and worthy of being made.