Transformers

Our world will be transformed on July 3 when aliens make Earth their final battleground in Transformers. As the forces of evil seek the key to ultimate power, our last chance for survival rests in the hands of young Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf).

THIS MOVIE ROCKED!!! Every once and a while a movie comes along that is an "event" movie. By this I mean that you will always remember seeing the movie in theaters and you, as well as everyone else in the theater, are completely awestruck at what you are all experiencing together. My opinion of event movies are Star Wars (the original trilogy), E.T., Jurassic Park and Independence Day. Transformers is right up there with them. I absolutely loved this movie from the second it started. I was skeptical to say the least when I heard that they were making this. I figured it would be the biggest flop of the year due to the massive hype and what not. I started to get a little geeked out for the last two weeks as I started to see the characters that I had toys of when I was younger though, but tried not to get too excited. However, I got that child like buzz feeling when we sat in the theater and it never stopped until the credits were on at the end. The action scenes and special effects were beyond amazing. The characters, both the robots and the humans, were so well developed that you found yourself caring about every one of them. Shia LeBeouf is so the next big thing. I mean this guy is going to be the next Will Smith. The kid simply has "it". On top of all this good stuff - Transformers was also by far and away the funniest movie I've seen all year. The one liners and banter back and forth between certain characters and robots was priceless. I'm going to simply call it now and say that this movie will be the best movie that comes out in 2007. The only knock that I will throw out there is that it's kind of too violent and scary at times for little ones, but ages 7/8 and up should be fine.

I couldn't possibly recommend this movie more if I tried. It's one of those movies that will stick with me forever and truly needs to be seen on the big screen, people. If you see one movie this year - make this be the one.