Death Sentence

Nick Hume (Kevin Bacon) is a mild-mannered executive with a perfect life, until one gruesome night he witnesses/experiences something that changes him forever. Transformed by grief, Hume eventually comes to the disturbing conclusion that no length is too great when protecting his family.

I really liked this movie. Its hard to explain why. Its kind of like those old Steven Segal movies. You know that they are not good movies and are totally formula from beginning to end, but you still love them anyway. I guess that this movie hit a nerve with me because I have grown to be beyond disenchanted with the way our judicial system works, and this movie exploits that totally with how a person can kill someone and get 3 to 5 years for "copping a plea". Basically Kevin Bacon says screw the system and goes after the guy vengeance style. Things snowball out of control from there and while some of the scenes are shockingly gruesome - this is one of those movie going experiences where you don't have to think at all and can simply enjoy the testosterone filled ride.

I fully recommend this movie to everyone. It was a classic action/vengeance movie and WW and I enjoyed it a lot.