Enchanted

A classic Disney fairytale collides with modern-day New York City in a story about a fairytale princess (Amy Adams) from the past who is thrust into present-day by an evil queen (Susan Sarandon). Soon after her arrival, Princess Giselle begins to change her views on life and love after meeting a handsome lawyer (Patrick Dempsey). Can a storybook view of romance survive in the real world?

This movie was actually a lot better than I had expected. I had taken Stinka to see this with two of her friends and figured that I would give it a shot and get a nice nap if it was poop. However, the movie was totally enjoyable for the kids because it follows all the textbook Disney princess stuff, but at the same time is poking fun at itself for the adults enjoyment. There were so many parts in this movie where Stinka and her friends were looking at me because I was laughing out loud at some of the great satirical scenes that were over their heads. I was very pleasantly surprised.

I would definitely recommend people take their kids to check this one out. Its just as enjoyable for the adults as the kids and its the perfect movie for the holidays.