Iron Man

Based upon Marvel's comic, Iron Man tells the story of Tony Stark, a billionaire industrialist and genius inventor who is kidnapped and forced to build a devastating weapon. Instead, using his intelligence and ingenuity, Tony builds a high-tech suit of armor and escapes captivity. Upon his return to America, Tony must come to terms with his past. When he uncovers a nefarious plot with global implications, he dons his powerful armor and vows to protect the world as Iron Man.

I was pretty skeptical when I heard they were going to do a movie based on Iron Man. Even when I saw the trailers, I was still thinking that this one would be one of the hokey comic book adaptions like the Fantastic Four and Daredevil. Thankfully, I was way off the mark. This movie was awesome. The action was great. The story was excellently crafted. The acting was great across the board. Jeff Bridges was a good villain. Gwenneth Paltrow wasn't nearly as annoying as I usually find her. As for Robert Downey Jr., him being cast as Tony Stark/Iron Man might be one of the best casting choices ever. His delivery of sarcasm and not caring in the first half of the movie was perfect and his evolution into caring and wanting to repair all the damage that he had unknowingly done with weapons building was very believable. I didn't think that Iron Man was mainstream enough of a comic book to pull it all off but I was dead wrong and this movie is on the same shelf as the first two Spider Man and original Batmans for me.

I couldn't possibly recommend this movie more if I tried. It was a truly well done movie and beyond entertaining. Go see it . . . . . . and if you are a big comic book fan - stick around until the end of the credits for something truly mind blowing.