Date Night

Steve Carell (The Office) and Tina Fey (30 Rock) star in an adventure that turns a run-of-the-mill married couple's date upside down - way upside down, in Date Night.


This movie is exactly what you expect. Its formula in every way. Its chock full of the most cliche characters. Its story couldn't be more simple if it tried. However, I was still able to enjoy it simply because I love Steve Carell and Tina Fey. Their comedic talents were able to provide enough laughs to make this movie slightly better than average. The incredibly short running time also helped.

I wouldn't outright recommend that everyone run to see this. Its nowhere near that funny and to be honest I went in to the movie with really low expectations so I'm sure that helped too. That being said, its not a total waste of your time because it is super short and there are much worse things you could choose to watch.