Warrior




  • Haunted by a tragic past, Marine Tommy Conlon (Hardy) returns home for the first time in fourteen years to enlist the help of his father (Nick Nolte) to train for Sparta, the biggest winner-takes-all event in mixed martial arts history. A former wrestling prodigy, Tommy blazes a path toward the championship while his brother, Brendan (Edgerton), an ex-fighter-turned teacher, returns to the ring in a desperate bid to save his family from financial ruin. But when Brendan's unlikely, underdog rise sets him on a collision course with the unstoppable Tommy, the two brothers must finally confront each other and the forces that pulled them apart.

  • Holy $hit!!! At no point did I expect to walk out a movie about MMA fighting released in the movie going wasteland that is September feeling like I just witnessed greatness much less announcing the following statement . . . . . WARRIOR IS THE BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR! Seriously. This is not a joke. I'm not some MMA fanboy who is biased. Honestly, I've never even watched it. This movie is hands down one of the best sports movies and family character dramas at the same time I've ever seen. Every character had so many levels and were all so well developed. The tension was unbelievable and just kept going as the fight tournament built towards it's conclusion. I've never been so torn with how I wanted a story to turn out. I was equal parts cheering and crying inside for the two main characters and their quests. Hell, I was cheering out loud and got totally choked up at the same time.

  • This movie is an absolute must see for all. The movie is simply that phenomenal in story, direction and acting. As of right now - my pick for best movie of the year.