Life Of Pi

 
Director Ang Lee creates a groundbreaking movie event about a young man who survives a tragic disaster at sea and is hurtled into an epic journey of adventure and discovery. While marooned on a lifeboat, he forms an amazing and unexpected connection with the ship's only other survivor -- a fearsome Bengal tiger.

This was one of the more amazing visual movies I've ever seen.  I didn't see it in 3D but really wish that I had.  It's very rare that a movie can consist mostly of a man and a tiger on a boat and keep you as captivated as this movie does.  The narration was done very well and complimented the unspoken relationship growing between the boy and the tiger. 

I didn't expect much because I usually think that Ang Lee is one of those overrated critically acclaimed directors.   However, I was wrong.  This was a great movie.  And I would definitely recommend people checking this out.