This Is 40

 
Judd Apatow brings audiences This Is 40, an original comedy that expands upon the story of Pete (Paul Rudd) and Debbie (Leslie Mann) from the blockbuster hit "Knocked Up" as we see first-hand how they are dealing with their current state of life.

Once again - Judd Apatow has disappointed me.  I know that most people find his movies to be hysterical, but outside of Forgetting Sarah Marshall and The 40 Year Old Virgin, I have never found his movies to be that funny.  I was kind of excited about this one because these two characters were definitely my favorite part of Knocked Up.  There were some good laughs in this but they were kept too far apart.  It was frustrating because I would start to laugh and get into it and then it would seperate the two main characters into their seperate waa waa waa that wasn't nearly as funny as when they were together. 

I wouldn't really recommend people checking this out.  Strike that.  I would lukewarmly recommend people checking this out.  It's not terrible but it could have been sooooooooo much funnier.