Star Trek Into Darkness


In the wake of a shocking act of terror from within their own organization, the crew of The Enterprise is called back home to Earth. In defiance of regulations and with a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads his crew on a manhunt to capture an unstoppable force of destruction and bring those responsible to justice.  As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

JJ Abrams is clearly a genius.  Never throughout my childhood did I think I would put these words in writing . . . . . Star Trek Into Darkness is bad a$$!!!  Seriously, I was never a fan of Star Trek.  I watched them because they were there.  I was and will always be all about Star Wars.  Yet - JJ Abrams comes along and puts out the amazing relaunch of Star Trek a couple years ago with a greatly cast group of non-big Hollywood names.   Then comes this amazing action movie with TONS of laughs sprinkled in due to the banter between the characters and I'm now officially hooked.  This was an awesome summer blockbuster movie.  The cast continued to be awesome in their roles from the original JJ Abrams entry.  And when you want to talk about breakout performances - the dude that plays the bad guy (I won't give away who he is but I will say I actually cheered out loud when it was revealed), Benedict Cumberbatch, was amazing every time he was on screen.  This guy is like Michael Fassbender was as he broke out a few years ago. 

I completely recommend people checking this movie out.  As of now - it is my favorite movie of the year.  Still can't get over that.  A Star Trek movie is my favorite move of the year so far.  If my teenage self could travel into the future - I would kick my elder self's a$$.