World War Z


The story revolves around United Nations employee Gerry Lane (Pitt), who traverses the world in a race against time to stop a pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatening to decimate humanity itself.

I had tried to keep my expectations realistic for this movie and I don't know how much that played a part in my enjoyment level of the movie but I liked this movie alot.  When I saw that it was a zombie movie that was rated PG-13, I figured that it would be decent at best.  Not that I'm a gore junkie but how can you have a zombie movie with no blood/violence.  Answer . . . . . World War Z.  They managed to do alot of the zombie attacks from far away or in such a sped up manner that you ended up completely enthralled in what was going on without even realizing that there was no graphic violence.  Hell, someone even got their hand cut off and you felt the power of all that without actually having to see it happen.  It was great that they could still have you sitting on the edge of your seat without all the over the top shock value of showing you it.  And the best part of the movie was the pacing.  They started right off with the whole zombie infection and every time you would think that it would get all slowed down with too much dialogue some crazy scene would unfold again to get you sitting back on the edge of your seat.

I very strongly recommend people checking this out.  It was a great movie and a hell of a ride.