Bad Grandpa


86-year-old Irving Zisman is on a journey across America with the most unlikely companions, his 8-year-old Grandson Billy in Bad Grandpa. This October, the signature Jackass character Irving Zisman (Johnny Knoxville) and Billy (Jackson Nicholl) will take movie audiences along for the most insane hidden camera road trip ever captured on camera. Along the way, Irving will introduce the young and impressionable Billy to people, places and situations that give new meaning to the term childrearing. The duo will encounter male strippers, disgruntled child beauty pageant contestants (and their equally disgruntled mothers), funeral home mourners, biker bar patrons and a whole lot of unsuspecting citizens.

This movie was split in half for me.  I loved the prank scenes like always.  Some were simple and the reactions to them made me laugh my ass off.  These were the types of things that I always loved about Jackass.  Some were a little gross and/or sexual but they were much more tame than usual so I even enjoyed those.  The only bad thing about the movie is that instead of a series of pranks, they tried to make it an overall legit movie about the grandpa bonding with the son.  So any time they were on that track, I found myself bored and just wanting them to get back to pranks becuase these two characters are already established as fictional masters of prank.  Why would I feel any sort of emotional connection to their "story"? 

I would still recommend anyone that likes the Jackass show/movies check this out because there are some really big laughs in it.  Just be warned that this is a lot more like Dictator with Sasha Baron Cohen where the "story" of the movie gets annoying inbetween the laughs.