If I Stay


Mia Hall (Chloƫ Grace Moretz) thought the hardest decision she would ever face would be whether to pursue her musical dreams at Juilliard or follow a different path to be with the love of her life, Adam (Jamie Blackley). But what should have been a carefree family drive changes everything in an instant, and now her own life hangs in the balance. Caught between life and death for one revealing day, Mia has only one decision left, which will not only decide her future but her ultimate fate. If I Stay is based on the best-selling novel of the same name.

I don't know what was missing.  I just didn't connect enough to this movie to really enjoy it.  It felt like it was trying too much to pull heart strings instead of really connecting the viewer to the events that were taking place.  I also was not really feeling the storytelling of flashing back from the hospital.  It just felt very fragmented and again trying to pull heart strings too much.

I wouldn't really recommend anyone bothering with this movie.  It was way too melodramatic and made The Fault In Our Stars seem oscar worthy.