Interstellar


Interstellar chronicles the adventures of a group of explorers who make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage.

There really is no other director that does a better job of making your jaw hit the floor with the visual aspects of his movies than Christopher Nolan.  This movie is no different.  There were too many times to count how awestruck I felt with what I was seeing on screen throughout this movie.  At the core of the movie, it really was his most simple story that he has told so far.  The father/daughter bond was one hell of an anchor for this movie and really kept you interested even if the science part of it all was a little too much.  And when I say a little too much what I really mean is holy crap I didn't understand half of what the characters were saying.  I followed the movie and I understood what was happening (or at least I think I did) but the terminology and explanation provided throughout sometimes made me feel like I was watching a really great foreign movie without subtitles.  You knew what was going on because of the direction and acting, but if anyone wanted to have a straight up conversation with me about what happened scientifically in this movie or debate how accurate it was - I've got nothing.  

I would definitely recommend people checking this movie out. Christopher Nolan doesn't make bad movies and he is by far the best director of this generation.  Just be aware that the movie is 3 hours long and there is A LOT of heavy science involved.  Regardless, it still was a really amazing journey.