Home


When Earth is taken over by the overly-confident Boov, an alien race in search of a new place to call home, all humans are promptly relocated, while all Boov get busy reorganizing the planet. But when one resourceful girl, Tip, (Rihanna, who also contributes a song) manages to avoid capture, she finds herself the accidental accomplice of a banished Boov named Oh (Jim Parsons). The two fugitives realize there's a lot more at stake than intergalactic relations as they embark on the road trip of a lifetime. Based upon the novel "The True Meaning of Smekday" by Adam Rex.

I wanted to like this movie.  I wanted it to be the kind of animated movie that is just as enjoyable for the adults as it is for the kids.  Unfortunately, it wasn't.  I found myself bored at numerous points and the laughs that I expected from the trailer just were not there.  Jim Parsons did a good job voicing the character and basically just being Sheldon.  I could have done without Rihanna voicing the girl lead and every song being sung by her.  It's like she got a whole album release from this movie.  

Its not that the movie was bad.  It was decent.  And the kids that it was made for will probably still love it.  It's just not as enjoyable for the adults as I had hoped it would be.