Pete's Dragon


A reimagining of the 1977 Disney classic, Pete’s Dragon will blend live action and CGI to tell the story of the special bond between an orphaned boy, Pete, and his best friend, Elliott, who just happens to be a dragon. 

The original Pete's Dragon was one of my favorite movies growing up.  I used to watch it over and over again at my grandmother's house.  I was a little worried about them messing the movie up by reimagining it.  Thankfully, I was dead wrong.  This movie was an awesome family film.  It was the type of movie that made me fall in love with movies way back in the day.  Sure it was cute and fluffy at times but it was all about imagination and love.  I laughed, I cried, and I connected several aspects of the boy's adventure to moments throughout my life.

I would absolutely recommend people check this movie out.  This is especially true for families looking for a great all around movie going experience.