American Assassin


American Assassin follows the rise of Mitch Rapp (Dylan O'Brien) a CIA black ops recruit under the instruction of Cold War veteran Stan Hurley (Michael Keaton). The pair is then enlisted by CIA Deputy Director Irene Kennedy (Sanaa Lathan) to investigate a wave of apparently random attacks on both military and civilian targets. Together the three discover a pattern in the violence leading them to a joint mission with a lethal Turkish agent (Shiva Negar) to stop a mysterious operative (Taylor Kitsch) intent on starting a World War in the Middle East.

I liked this movie a lot more than I thought I was going to.  It was formula in every way and was kind of like a poor man's Jason Bourne but I liked the actors and the chemistry between Keaton and O'Brien was awesome.  Loving how Michael Keaton has come back from the dead.  Probably one of my favorite actors ever.  This movie was a very enjoyable action movie with lots of testosterone and adrenaline up there on the screen.

I would definitely recommend that people check this one out.  It was a fun watch and a great popcorn movie where you just shut off your brain and enjoy the 2 hour ride.