Murder On The Orient Express


Agatha Christie’s novel, published in 1934, is considered one of the most ingenious stories ever devised. The novel revolves around a murder on board the famous train. Belgian detective Hercule Poirot must solve the case, but there are a number of passengers who could potentially be the murderer. In addition to directing the film, Branagh, a five-time Academy Award®-nominee, will star as detective Hercule Poirot. Depp portrays Ratchett; Pfeiffer is Mrs. Hubbard and Ridley plays Mary Debenham.

This was a weird movie for me.  It wasn't a bad movie.  It was actually quite good.  It just struck me as boring.  Kind of like watching paint dry.  Interesting paint.  But still very capable of making you fall asleep while watching it.  I even gave the movie a second go around to make sure and I felt the same way.  I know it was good.  I know it had good performances.  I just thought there would be more suspense or intrigue which I felt like it was running very low on.  I think my expectations of this really ruined it honestly.

I would still pretty much recommend people checking this out.  It is a good movie.  I just found myself bored by it because of high expectations.