Hereditary


When the matriarch of the Graham family passes away, her daughter's family begins to unravel cryptic and increasingly terrifying secrets about their ancestry.

Holy cow!!!!   What a creepy ass movie that I was completely not expecting.  I figured that this would be an artsy psychological thriller - which it definitely was.  But it was done so well (and lets be honest - that is beyond difficult to do nowadays) that I was looking through my fingers at numerous times.  There were 4-5 points in this movie where the acting or the scenes will pretty much be etched in my memory forever.   It was a very jarring watch due to the acting and the filming style.  The camera work in this was AMAZING and made the movie even creepier.  This movie is a must see for anyone interested in filmmaking.  

I would definitely recommend people checking this movie out.  It was an excellent scary movie.  One of the better ones I've seen in a long time.