Pet Sematary


An updated version of Stephen King's "Pet Sematary." The following is how the 1983 book is described:
"The road in front of Dr. Louis Creed's rural Maine home frequently claims the lives of neighborhood pets. Louis has recently moved from Chicago to Ludlow with his wife Rachel, their children and pet cat. Near their house, local children have created a cemetery for the dogs and cats killed by the steady stream of transports on the busy highway. Deeper in the woods lies another graveyard, an ancient Indian burial ground whose sinister properties Louis discovers when the family cat is killed."

The first Pet Sematary was honestly one of the scariest movies ever when I was younger.  Like that movie royally messed me up.  I actually used to have to jump off my bed for years because of the paranoia created in my head from that movie.  So I was very torn on this one thinking that they would not be able to do it as well.  But I was wrong.  They did a great job of recreating the building tension and creepiness and the third act of the movie was edge of your seat stuff all over again.

I would absolutely recommend people checking this movie out if you like scary movies.  It is a very enjoyable watch.