Midsommar


Ari Aster’s next horror film, a story about a vacation gone violently wrong - as a couple travels to Sweden to visit their friend’s rural hometown for its fabled mid-summer festival. What begins as an idyllic retreat quickly devolves into an increasingly violent and bizarre competition at the hands of a pagan cult.

What in the blue hell was this movie?  I went into it knowing that this was not a mainstream type of movie and that there was only so much of a "horror" movie that it could be.  I have seen Hereditary and loved it but it was still one of those movies that I couldn't just blindly recommend to everyone.  It's for very particular tastes.  I assumed this one would be just like that and apparently it was because it has gotten amazing reviews but my review of it is that it was total and complete garbage.  Like what in the blue hell was this?  Why was it 2 1/2 hours long?  I was so annoyed by it that I just starting yellling WTF openly in the theater.  I understand it was well done from a directorial view and what not.  Like I get that.  But I still thought that movie was a giant turd.   

I would not recommend anyone bothering with this.  Do not buy the hype like its a must see or a mainstream/enjoyable movie.