Soul


Joe is a middle-school band teacher whose life hasn't quite gone the way he expected. His true passion is jazz -- and he's good. But when he travels to another realm to help someone find their passion, he soon discovers what it means to have soul.

Pixar really doesn't know how to make bad movies.   This was a movie about jazz music - which I have never been able to get into no matter how I tried - and spiritualism/souls - which I have always had heavy doubts about and what not.   Yet - they completely pulled me into both because they were both so important to the movie that they pretty much became side characters.   This was not one of the more mainstream Pixar movies and I am not sure how well it would have done at the box office but it was a very well written and thought provoking movie.  

I would definitely recommend people checking this movie out.   It was an amazing watch and although this year in movies is definitely effected by covid - this was undoubtedly one of the better movies of 2020.