The Ten Worst Movies Of 2020

 Well . . . . . . . . this is going to be pretty different than in years past.  A change that I made is that I'm including movies that were done for streaming services because there really wasn't too much that made it to theaters in this wonderful train wreck of a year we just went through.  But regardless - the show much go on!

10 - Underwater

I really don't understand why they continue to cast Kristen Stewart as a leading actress.  She is honestly the most blah thing in Hollywood.  Giving her a buzzcut and having her in an alien suspense movie - that's just all worse.

9 - The Grudge

Why bother remaking a movie if you are actually going to do it lamer and with a smaller budget making your current effects so much cheesier than the original effects from years ago?

8 - Scoob!

This was massively insulting to people who just wanted to watch a Scooby Doo movie and even more so to parents that were looking for something so desperately to watch with their kids.  This movie was such a throw away animated feature its not even funny.

7 - Monster Hunter

Do you think that Milla Jovovich (aka - Multipass) will ever do anything other than fighting monsters of some kind?   Like any movie that is more than just effects and her gritting her teeth?

6 - Wonder Woman 1984

What a truly massive disappointment.  I loved the first Wonder Woman and was of course geeked out as hell to finally see a big budget superhero movie after the blank slate that was 2020.  Unfortunately - this movie was pretty much a joke that was just made fun of the entire time I was watching it.

5 - Gretel & Hansel

Not going to lie.  This movie was from back in January.  I don't even remotely remember it but I know that I had it noted for 1 star so it lands on the list.  I feel as if the fact that it was a horror movie based on a popular folk tale and can't be remembered at all pretty much sums it up.

4 - The Photograph

I have never seen a date or romance movie that put me to sleep faster than this one.  It was a Valentine's Day release that pretty much closed the box office for the year.  I mean you could blame Covid for it too but still - this movie didn't help the fight to stay open.  Just saying.

3 - Honest Thief

I HATE when they advertise a movie as a suspense movie and there is not a single ounce of suspense in it. This is exactly that.  You had the Taken type trailer with Liam Nesson and then it was pretty much just him having conversations for the entire movie.

2 - Dolittle

Few things will ever baffle me more from the casting choice of following up Iron Man's death than doing this for Robert Downey Jr.  There was a reaching up an animal's ass scene I believe.  I didn't see that part because I pulled the plug on it loooooooooooong before that point.

1 - Brahms: The Boy II

What is The Boy I you ask?  EXACTLY!  How the hell was there a sequel?  How the hell was it a wide release?   And even though there were some very slight interesting creepy parts to the first - they seemed to forget that with this one because it was beyond the realm of not creepy.