The Ten Worst Movies of 2021

 10.  Dune

I'm sorry.  Like I get how great this was visually and what not but this was one of the biggest snoozefests of an "epic" movie I have ever seen.  I purposely saved this to watch on a long flight so that I could watch it with no distractions and I still had trouble following and/or caring.  

9.  Cry Macho

Yet another example of how every other movie that Clint Eastwood directs is a giant turd.  I will never understand how this guy can go from directing best movie of the year contenders to absolute garbage.  Weirdest thing ever.

8.  Separation

The first of several lame ass horror entries on this list.  I can't even say too much about this one simply because there was nothing memorable about this outside of horrible side effects.  

7.  The World To Come

Like I get the need for more representation like this in film but the way that that they did it and the time period they chose was just so supremely silly to me.  

6.  Annette

I have no idea how this movie has been so well reviewed.  This is the type of movie that is so absurd that I almost want people to watch it just to see the confused dog look on their face's as they do.  

5.  Don't Breathe 2

Any time a movie is hyped as "Stephen Lang in .  . .  . " then it simply shouldn't be made.  The fact that a sequel nobody wanted was done using a side character from the original just adds more to that.   Sorry, buddy.

4.  Escape Room 2: Tournament Of Champions

Another sequel that absolutely nobody wanted.  This was just plain over the top and silly throughout.  

3.  Wrong Turn

The original is one of the most joked about movies of all time for me so I was stunned at the idea of them redoing it.  Yet somehow - they managed to make a movie even worse by taking away the stuff you could at least make fun of.  This was like a boring horror movie.  How the hell do you do that?

2 - The Unholy

Catching the vibe here of how bad horror movies were this year.  How do you put Jeffrey Dean Morgan into one of those Conjuring type of movies and basically hold back and make it boring?

1 - Antlers

Words do no justice to how hard I laughed when they finally showed the monster in this movie.  The buildup to it was not the worst and kept you kind of interested but then the big reveal was something that a toddler would make in a pottery class.   All credibility was instantly gone and it earned the glorious title of worst movie of 2021.