Barbie


Barbie and Ken are having the time of their lives in the colorful and seemingly perfect world of Barbie Land. However, when they get a chance to go to the real world, they soon discover the joys and perils of living among humans.

I really don't know how to feel about this movie.  Like if I say I didn't like it does that make me anti-feminism because I'm not.  And the whole girl power thing was not the problem with the movie.  It was honestly just that the movie couldn't decide what it wanted to be.  Like when it was campy and silly it was actually pretty good.  Similar to Free Guy with the being in a video game or The Lego Movie.  I enjoyed all of the Barbie world schtick.  But then they would switch to trying to be deep and human and heartfelt and then I would get kind of annoyed.  It was just a very disjointed movie.

I would not really recommend people seeing it but I feel like everyone already has.  The marketing was absolutely genius but the payoff of the movie just didn't match the hype for me I guess.