10,000 B.C.

In a remote mountain tribe, the young hunter D'Leh (Steven Strait) has found his heart's passion - the beautiful Evolet (Camilla Belle). But when a band of mysterious warlords raid his village and kidnap Evolet, D'Leh leads a small group of hunters to pursue the warlords to the end of the world to save her. As they venture into unknown lands for the first time, the group discovers there are civilizations beyond their own and that mankind's reach is far greater than they ever knew. At each encounter the group is joined by other tribes who have been attacked by the slave raiders, turning D'Leh's once-small band into an army. Driven by destiny, the unlikely warriors must battle prehistoric predators while braving the harshest elements. At their heroic journey's end, they uncover a lost civilization and learn their ultimate fate lies in an empire beyond imagination, where great pyramids reach into the skies. Here they will take their stand against a tyrannical god who has brutally enslaved their own. And it is here that D'Leh finally comes to understand that he has been called to save not only Evolet but all of civilization.

This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Unfortunately - it was not meant to be funny in any way. It was total garbage and I found myself laughing out loud at how absurdly ridiculous it was. My biggest problem was that they were speaking regular English. In 10,000 B.C.? As if that wasn't bad enough - the dialogue was horrible and the acting right there with it. This movie was as a fellow blogger put it the anti-Apocolypto. The only way that I made it through to the end of the movie was by telling myself that it was actually a spoof of Apocolypto and laughing about how crappy it was. Even the special effects couldn't save this movie. There were three "creature" encounters in this movie and I didn't find myself the least bit awed by the CGI animals. Roland Emmerich made Independence Day back in 96 I believe and has amounted to pretty much nothing since then.

I wouldn't reccomend anyone waste their time on this steaming turd. It was truly a waste of two hours of my life that I can never get back.