Step Up 2 The Streets

Step Up 2 the Streets is the follow-up to Step Up. When rebellious street dancer Andie (Briana Evigan) lands at the elite Maryland School of the Arts, she finds herself fighting to fit in while also trying to hold onto her old life. When she joins forces with the school's most popular dancer Chase (Robert Hoffman) to form a crew of classmate outcasts to compete in Baltimore's underground dance battle The Streets, she ultimately finds a way to live her dream while building a bridge between her two separate worlds.

This is one of those completely formula movies. You saw the preview - you saw the movie. Regardless, I didn't go to see this for my own enjoyment. Future steppie Stinka really wanted to see it and I decided to sacrifice two hours of my life for my little buddy. She absolutely loved the movie and to be completely honest - it wasn't the worst two hours I've had to sacrifice. The choreography of the dance scenes was actually really good and there were some pretty enjoyable supporting characters in the movie, namely "Moose" - the doofy sidekick guy. He was great. This was by no means a good movie, but was a lot more watchable than I thought it would be walking in.

I'd recommend this movie to anyone that was interested in seeing it and/or enjoyed the first Step Up. Outside of those people or those of you willing to make sacrifces for the teens/pre-teens in your life - I'd recommend that you stay away from it. Those of you with younger kids be warned that there is a lot of scenes with annoying ghetto talk.