88 Minutes

In 88 Minutes, Al Pacino stars as Dr. Jack Gramm, a college professor who moonlights as a forensic psychiatrist for the FBI. When Gramm receives a death threat claiming he has only 88 minutes to live, he must use all his skills and training to narrow down the possible suspects, who include a disgruntled student, a jilted former lover, and a serial killer who is already on death row, before his time runs out.

I had no clue what was going on when this movie started. It felt like I had missed the first 10 minutes or something because it hit the ground running and played catch up with character development later. I was not a big fan of this. I was getting really annoyed at the fact that it felt like I should know all these people when they had just shown up on screen for the first time. Luckily, I am a huge fan of Al Pacino and stayed interested just because of him. As time went on, and they continued to develop the characters, the movie did get better. It was your basic forensic/crime thriller movie. It was like a really good episode of CSI or Criminal Minds . . . . . with Al Pacino. Although it was very jumpy/choppy for the first half hour or so, it did end up being a pretty decent watch.

I would recommend anyone who enjoys these types of movies check this one out. Just tell yourself that it does get better if you find it kind of blah at the start.