Seven Pounds

Will Smith reunites with the directors and producers of The Pursuit of Happyness for the emotional drama Seven Pounds. In the film, Smith plays Ben Thomas, an IRS agent with a fateful secret who embarks on an extraordinary journey of redemption by forever changing the lives of seven strangers.

The movie studio was being so quiet about what this movie was about that it actually started to get annoying. Now having seen the movie, I understand because I still can't really tell you what its about. Apparantly, Ben Thomas has a lot of guilt about an accident in his past and finds it necessary to go to massive extremes seeking atonement. I found myself getting more and more frustrated as this movie went on because I couldn't tell for the life of me where it was going. To be completely honest, had Will Smith not been in this movie I would have thrown in the towel about half way through. However, since I am one of the millions across this land that are totally fascinated by Will Smith I toughed it out. I mean lets be honest here people, Will Smith (along with probably only Tom Hanks) is so beyond watchable that they could film him taking a dump for two hours and we'd all drop 10 bucks to watch it. Anywho, getting back to the movie - they push the whole mysterious angle way too much that by the time the payoff comes its not enough to truly satisfy the viewer.

I wouldn't really recommend this movie. Its not that its horrible or anything. It just doesn't really payoff enough in the end.