Star Trek

The greatest adventure of all time begins with Star Trek, the incredible story of a young crew's maiden voyage onboard the most advanced starship ever created: the U.S.S. Enterprise. On a journey filled with action, comedy and cosmic peril, the new recruits must find a way to stop an evil being whose mission of vengeance threatens all of mankind.The fate of the galaxy rests in the hands of bitter rivals. One, James T. Kirk (Chris Pine), is a delinquent, thrill-seeking Iowa farm boy. The other, Spock (Zachary Quinto), was raised in a logic-based society that rejects all emotion. As fiery instinct clashes with calm reason, their unlikely but powerful partnership is the only thing capable of leading their crew through unimaginable danger, boldly going where no one has gone before!

At no point was I ever anywhere near being a "Trekkie". I have always been a huge fan of science fiction but always found Star Trek to be too much. I was also a die hard Star Wars fan. I loved the characters and chemistry of Star Wars along with the science fiction. I always found Star Trek too be too nerdy and silly. This movie changed all of that for me. It was awesome! The special effects kicked ass. The young up and coming cast filled with "the guy from that movie" or "the girl from that show" was so well cast and played off of each other exceptionally well. And the story managed to tame down the nerdiness. It was heavy science fiction but done in such an action packed way that you don't have to have a PhD in order to understand what's going on. It was also written in that sarcastic kind of a way that you find yourself laughing thoughout the movie and the references to catch phrases from Star Treks past was priceless.

I couldn't possibly recommend this movie more. I loved it and as I said I've never been a big fan of Star Trek, but I definitely will be moving forward with this cast and director.