A Christmas Carol

Disney's A Christmas Carol captures the fantastical essence of the classic Dickens tale in groundbreaking 3-D. Ebenezer Scrooge (Jim Carrey) begins the Christmas holiday with his usual miserly contempt, barking at his faithful clerk (Gary Oldman) and his cheery nephew (Colin Firth). But when the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Yet to Come take him on an eye-opening journey revealing truths Old Scrooge is reluctant to face, he must open his heart to undo years of ill will before it's too late.

I still am not sure how much I enjoyed this movie. I kind of liked it, but . . . . .
1 - Its way too early for them to be releasing a Christmas movie.
2 - How many different tellings of A Christmas Carol can be made?
3 - Was this a kids movie? Way too dark. Way too Old Englishy. I didn't understand half of the expressions. There's no way your kid is going to.
4 - As great as the action part of this kind of animation is, I just find the characters looking freakishly creepy.
5 - I don't remember the Ghost of Christmas Present being some laughing viking.

All that being said - I think that Jim Carrey was perfect for the part and the best parts of the movie were when they gave him to time to just be Scrooge without all the craziness going on with the action animation.

I'm not sure how much I could really recommend this movie though. Its really not for kids and its way too early for Christmas movies. The enjoyment level really is nowhere near an automatic either.