Crazy Heart

Jeff Bridges stars as the comic, semi-tragic, romantic, anti-hero Bad Blake in Crazy Heart. Bad Blake is a broken-down, hard-living country music singer who's had way too many marriages, far too many years on the road and one too many drinks way too many times. And yet, Bad can't help but reach for salvation with the help of Jean (Maggie Gyllenhaal), a journalist who discovers the real man behind the musician. As he struggles down the road of redemption, Bad learns the hard way just how tough life can be on one man's crazy heart.

This was a really great movie. I usually find biopic like movies like this to be a bore. I was shocked at how in to this movie I was. Jeff Bridges was amazingly believable in this role. Magge Gyllenhaal was equally great. My father has always been in to country music but I've stayed away from it for the most part. However, this movie has pretty much changed all of that. I can't wait to download the whole soundtrack. The way that this movie went in to how songs are written was great.

I absolutely recommend that everyone check out this movie. It is a phenomenal character drama and Jeff Bridges should definitely be taking home the academy award for Best Actor.