Frozen

A typical day on the slopes turns into a chilling nightmare for three snowboarders when they get stranded on the chairlift before their last run. As the ski patrol switches off the night lights, they realize with growing panic that they've been left behind dangling high off the ground with no way down. With the resort closed until the following weekend and frostbite and hypothermia already setting in, the trio is forced to take desperate measures to escape off the mountain before they freeze to death. Once they make their move, they discover with horror that they have much more to fear than just the frigid cold. As they combat unexpected obstacles, they start to question if their will to survive is strong enough to overcome the worst ways to die?

Is this one of the silliest inner thoughts during skiing being turned in to an absurd movie? Or course it is. Is the acting atrocious and the set up of the story lame as hell? Of course it is. I actually think that the writers sat around just coming up with things the audience might ask out loud as to why they couldn't do things while stuck in the chairlift and went out of their way to explain them prior to them getting stuck in said chairlift. All of this being said - there are some points of these movie where the tension is creepy as hell. Most of my favorite teenage memories are of going skiing with my father. I loved to ski. I was awesome at it. However, I was petrified of the ski lift. I would get the week in the knees feeling getting on and getting off and when it would stop because someone would have trouble getting on I would come as close to $hitting my pants as humanly possible. There were many a time where I would wonder what it would be like to be stuck up there so this movie made sense to that crazy fear I used to get while going on the ski lift.

I wouldn't really recommend anyone rushing to see this movie. It is cheesy as hell even if there are some really creepy parts.