I Am Number Four

John Smith (Alex Pettyfer), is a fugitive on the run from ruthless enemies sent to destroy him. Changing his identity, moving from town to town with his guardian Henri (Timothy Olyphant), John is always the new kid with no ties to his past. In the small Ohio town he now calls home, John encounters unexpected, life-changing events—his first love (Dianna Agron), powerful new abilities and a connection to the others who share his incredible destiny.

I understandably had really low expectations for this movie. I think that helped me be able to somewhat enjoy the movie as the decent sci-fi story that it was. I heard someone describe it as Twilight with aliens instead of vampires. Easily the best possible way to describe it. The acting was horrible and so was the script, but the trick to a good sci-fi movie is to either make you believe in the other world or the existence of stuff like this in our world for that brief amount of time the movie is on. This movie achieved that. The good action and good sci-fi story trumped the other glaring shortfalls of the movie.

I would lukewarmly recommend people checking this out. I enjoyed it but had really low hopes for it and could see most people not liking it.