Thor





  • Thor spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is the mighty Thor (Chris Hemsworth), a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth by his father Odin (Anthony Hopkins) and is forced to live among humans. A beautiful, young scientist, Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), has a profound effect on Thor, as she ultimately becomes his first love. It's while here on Earth that Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

  • Thor was one of the few comic books that I just never got in to. I was just never a fan of the whole god from Asgard thing. I also thought that this would be the toughest movie of them all to pull off and then they cast basically a no-name as the lead since there is only so much payroll that they can afford for the acting cast of The Avengers. Just like my doubts with Iron Man, I was pleasantly wrong and surprised by how good the casting turned out to be and how well they pulled the movie off. I'm not saying that this movie is in the original Iron Man's league. Hell no. It's still a very entertaining movie. The effects are good. The characters are well developed and you connect with them. Even the Asgard stuff (which I still think looks like its right out of The Chronicles Of Riddick) was entertaining. I feel as if they spent too much time there and I definitely liked the movie more when they were on Earth, but it wasn't painful to watch or anything like I had expected. In the end, this really is just another piece in the eventual machine that is The Avengers.

  • I would definitely recommend this movie to people. It's a great and entertaining summer blockbuster. Just be warned that it is very heavy on the mythology and lore.