The Dictator


The film tells the heroic story of a dictator who risked his life to ensure that democracy would never come to the country he so lovingly oppressed.

This was a slightly different Sacha Baron Cohen movie.  I was expecting another of his mockumentary type movies.  This was actually a movie with a "story" and other "actors."  It kind of took away a little bit from the laughs when it was part of a script as opposed to the usual freelance rantings.  There still were plenty of laughs and the usual sight gags and when it was funny - I was bellylaughing.  Unfortuantely, it seemed held back by the actor interacting and the parts that weren't as funny, I found myself bored. 

I would somewhat recommend people checking this movie out.  It's nowhere near as funny as Borat was, but I definitely liked it more than Bruno.  It's a shame that they decided to try and have a story.  I feel like this could have been hilarious if they didn't.