Men In Black 3


In Men in Black 3, Agents J (Will Smith) and K (Tommy Lee Jones) are back... in time. J has seen some inexplicable things in his 15 years with the Men in Black, but nothing, not even aliens, perplexes him as much as his wry, reticent partner. But when K's life and the fate of the planet are put at stake, Agent J will have to travel back in time to put things right. J discovers that there are secrets to the universe that K never told him -- secrets that will reveal themselves as he teams up with the young Agent K (Josh Brolin) to save his partner, the agency, and the future of humankind.

Sadly, this movie was just kind of there.  Sure, it was entertaining.   Will Smith is Will Smith and I will always be down with watching him.  Josh Brolin was great being a young Tommy Lee Jones.  Some of the effects were good and the alien effects were as well.  There were definitely laughs too.  The problem is that the second the credits hit - I really didn't care about this movie anymore.  Is it better than the first sequel?  Absolutely!!!  That one was one of the biggest moviegoer insults I ever watched.  Having said that, saying that this one was better than that ends up not really meaning much.  This is basically a summer popcorn movie where you can be entertained for a little less than two hours and that's it. 

I would lukewarmly recommend people checking this out.  I'm not sure if I let my expectations/excitement to see it get the best of me, but I was definitely disappointed that there wasn't more of a hook to the movie or substance that might give me something more to say than "Eh . . .  it was ok."