G.I. Joe: Retaliation


In this sequel, the G.I. Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra; they are forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize their very existence. 

This was pretty much more what I had wanted from the first GI Joe movie.  Not that the first one was bad but in terms of production value it was lacking.  This one had a much better look to it and much less forced effects/action.  It also had The Rock and as I've been saying for a long time - The Rock just makes everything better.  Not sure that anything will match the adrenaline/testosterone rush of him and Vin Diesel on screen together but him and Snake Eyes came pretty close.  There really wasn't much in the way of a complicated story or anything in this movie but was anyone really looking for one.  This was a fun, brainless action movie based on my favorite childhood toys.

I would recommend anyone interested in these type of movies checking this out.  It's not great.  It's not bad either.   It's a good watch and I liked it better than the first one.