Evil Dead


In the much anticipated remake of the 1981 cult-hit horror film, five twenty-something friends become holed up in a remote cabin. When they discover a Book of the Dead, they unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival. 

This was probably one of the most terrifying trailers I have seen in theaters for a very long time.  I had to look away during the trailer so I was terrified about seeing the actual movie.  Luckily, the movie wasn't so much scary as I would have nightmares but the level of gore was beyond crazy.  I had to look down at the floor numerous times because I couldn't watch what was happening.   The story was kept simple just like the original and the build up was definitely tight enough that this just ended up being a hell of a gory ride for anyone who likes these types of movies.  I'm definitely one of them.

I would absolutely recommend this movie to horror fans.  Just be warned that it is insanely gory.  It was bad back in 1981 but with all the advancements made in the film industry and what not - this one was that much more difficult to stomach.