Pain & Gain


Based on a true story, Pain & Gain follows a group of bodybuilders who engaged in a campaign of kidnapping, extortion and murder in Florida.

This movie is a tough one to review.  The movie was really dumb since it was about a couple of complete bumbling idiots.  It was pretty much like an out of control car wreck that just kept spinning over and over. However, because the acting of Mark Wahlberg, The Rock and Anthony Mackie as the three bumbling idiots was so well done - it made the movie very funny at times and entertaining throughout.  Every part of my brain wanted to think that the movie was horrible, but the three actors kept making me laugh and wanting to see where it goes.  I didn't think that The Rock could be more entertaining but pleying a dumb ass with a cocaine problem made him even more entertaining.  The only thing that I wish could have been changed about this was the running time.  It was a little over two hours long and this could have easily been 90 minutes long.

I don't know that I would recommend this movie to people.  It's not a good movie.  Its pretty silly and overall stupid, but at times I felt that it was so bad that it was good.  And the three actors did a great job of being roided meatheads.