Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom


Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom is based on South African President Nelson Mandela's autobiography of the same name, which chronicles his early life, coming of age, education and 27 years in prison before becoming President and working to rebuild the country's once segregated society. Idris Elba stars as Nelson Mandela.

This is one of those movies that would probably be great for a history buff, unless they see it as propaganda like one point of view history.  I am in no way, shape or form a history buff so I can't really touch on all that stuff and didn't really fully embrace the movie.  I definitely enjoyed it and thought it was well told and well paced around a great performance by Idris Elba.  

I would somewhat recommend the movie.  It's one of those movies that I know is well done and I enjoy it but probably would have enjoyed it more if I were more connected to history and what not.