The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty


Ben Stiller directs and stars in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, James Thurber's classic story of a day-dreamer who escapes his anonymous life by disappearing into a world of fantasies filled with heroism, romance and action. When his job along with that of his co-worker (Kristen Wiig) are threatened, Walter takes action in the real world embarking on a global journey that turns into an adventure more extraordinary than anything he could have ever imagined.

I really enjoyed this movie.  I like that they kept it artsy and simple instead of making it all cartoonish and over the top.  Ben Stiller actually kept this movie real, simple and down to earth while visually stunning with the daydreams and then Walter Mitty's actual travels.  For anyone who has zoned out into daydreams and has a great imagination, this is a great movie.  I was so invested in the movie that the ending really hit me and sent me into a daydream about my life and realizing the daily rewards and what not.

I would definitely recommend people checking this out.  It's a great ride in the life of an imaginative daydreamer.  Please be advised that the movie is done in a very artsy style and that it is not a textbook mainstream movie.